South Korean tech magnate Samsung already rolled out an update for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 dubbed as XXDLL7, which is based on Android 4.1.2 firmware. The update has been made available over-the-air (OTA) and via the Samsung KIES. However, if you’ve missed the chance to update your device to the latest official firmware, there is a manual way to do it. The entire process will revolve around the use of Odin application. So, there’s no need to install ClockworkMod Recovery.
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
- Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 is for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE models only. Owners who want to flash this firmware into their device should check for the model of their devices: Settings => About phone.
- This is an official firmware, so access to the device’s root will be lost after the flashing. Owners can root this firmware later to gain full access to their device once again.
- It is advised users should backup all their data before flashing the firmware. While manual backup is recommended, owners can make use of apps to do it.
- This is guide is for informational purpose only. Owners need to proceed at their own risk.
- All necessary drivers should be installed in the computer to make sure Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE can be detected properly.
- USB Debugging should be enabled: Settings => Applications => Development.
- The device should at least have 75% battery left.
- The phone should be factory-unlocked and not locked to any carrier.
- Download and extract these files: Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 and Odin application.
Step 1: Run Odin application as Administrator and turn Galaxy Note 2 N7105 off.
Step 2: Boot the device into Download Mode: to do so, press and hold HOME and VOLUME DOWN buttons together while tapping the POWER button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears on the screen.
Step 3: If the phone is already in the Download Mode, connect it to your computer using the original USB data cable. If the connection is good, one of ID:COM boxes will turn yellow while displaying COM port number. This may be time-consuming; however, if you’ve installed all necessary drivers, there wouldn’t be any problems at all.
Step 4: Under ‘Option’ section on Odin interface, check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 5: Click on PIT button and browse through the directory you have extracted contents of Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 package. Look for and choose the “.pit” file if there’s one and go back to Option section and check Re-Partition. Otherwise, continue the flashing without the .pit file while leaving Re-Partition option as is.
Step 6: Click on PDA button and chose .tar file or the one with ‘code’ in its name.
Step 7: Click on PHONE button and look for file with ‘modem’ in the name.
Step 8: Click on CSC button to load a file with ‘csc’ in its name.
Step 9: You may now click on START button to begin flashing of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDLL7 firmware for Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE. The installation may take a few minutes to complete but owners are advised to wait and not to disrupt the process.
Step 10: Once the flashing is completed, Odin will automatically reboot the device. Owners should wait until Samsung Galaxy logo is displayed before disconnecting the device from the computer.
To check whether the installation was successful, go to Settings => About phone; it should display the version and build of the firmware.
[source: xda devs]