BlackBerry has totally lost the market and the only hope for the company’s survival is BlackBerry 10 OS. BB10 seems to be very well designed and the company has concentrated more on touch screen rather than its traditional qwerty only interface.
We have two BlackBerry devices coming up, namely the BlackBerry X10 and BlackBerry Z10. Pictures of both the devices have been leaked and now pictures of BlackBerry Z10 have leaked again. The new leak pictures show not just the exterior of the BlackBerry, but even the interior, which makes it more believable. To start with, folks at BusinessInsiders have acquired two photos of the BlackBerry Z10 being compared to the iPhone 4S. According to their source, the build quality and excellent, which is expected from RIM, and the back cover apparently sports a nice rubbery feel.
The above video shows all the parts of upcoming BlackBerry Z10. The 4.3″ screen looks outstanding and according to the person, the redesigned AppWorld looks similar to Google’s Play Store. Folks at ETrade Supply, which supplies parts, have got their hands on parts for the BlackBerry X10 and BlackBerry Z10. Taking a look at the images of parts, they are in sync with previously leaked images, and it may be safe to conclude that the leaked images were indeed genuine. Each of the part is apparently available for sale, so if you can’t wait to lay your hands on the actual device, you can choose to buy parts instead!
Here are rumored specs and features of BlackBerry Z10:
• Processor: Dual Core 1.5GHz TI OMAP 4470・ Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 (US and Canada)
• Radio: Quad Band HSPA+ / UMTS (850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz) ・Quad Band GSM / GPRS (850/900/1800MHz) ・Quad Band LTE: Bands 2,4,5,13,17 (700, 850,1700, 1900MHz)
• Display: 4.2″・1280×768・356PPI ・24 Bit Color ・15:9
• Camera: 8MP Auto Focus ・2MP Front Facing ・Flash ・1080p Video Recording
• Memory: 2GB RAM ・16GB Internal Storage ・Hot Swappable microSD Slot
• WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n ・2.4/5GHz
• GPS: Autonomous ・A-GPS
• Battery: 1800mAh Removable
• Sensors: Ambient Light Detector ・Accelerometer ・Magnetometer ・Gyroscope ・Face Detect for phone calls
• Connectivity: NFC ・microUSB ・microHDMI-Out ・Bluetooth 4.0 LE
Looking at the above specs, it’s strikingly similar to what’s under the hood of Dev Alpha units which are in the hands of 7,000 lucky developers out there. Nevertheless, the above spec sheet should be still taken with a grain of salt since we don’t have any official confirmation. BlackBerry Z10 will be a full touch-screen device whereas the BlackBerry will have a QWERTY keypad and a 720 x 720 OLED touchscreen display.
The devices are going to be launched along with BlackBerry 10 operating system. RIM has definitely taken a note of things that they need to do in order to compete with other manufacturers. Another good thing about BB10 is that it takes less than a minute to boot up. The anticipation is high. What are your thoughts on this?