Fujitsu, the world’s leader in document scanning, introduces a new model in their ScanSnap lineup which is called the ScanSnap iX500. What makes this device stand out from the rest is that it comes with built-in Wi-Fi support. The company has also added a feature that lets you send scanned documents directly to your Android device.
ScanSnap scanners are quite popular in the market due to their quality and features and the ScanSnap iX500 carries on this tradition. Some of its key features are listed below.
- Faster Scanning Performance – ability to scan and create PDF files at a rate of 25 double sided copies per minute or a 25% less time compared to the previous model.
- Advanced Document Feeding System – Uses Separation Roller technology.
- Customizable Quick Menu – Users can customize the menu anyway they want making it easier to navigate.
- ScanSnap Folder- Extends the power of one button scanning to other Windows applications and even to the cloud.
- Cloud Services Support- Ability to scan documents directly to cloud based services such as Evernote, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync and Salesforce Chatter.
According to Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc., “There’s a simple reason why ScanSnap is the top selling personal scanner on the market today – it continues to offer the most intelligent, powerful scanning tools to keep up with the growing demands of our customers. The ScanSnap iX500′s built-in GI processor allows you to scan and save optimized PDFs to your mobile device without the need for a PC, while its advanced productivity features allow consumers and business professionals to be even more productive and paperless anywhere, anytime. All of this functionality provides customers with the highest performance personal scanning experience combined with extremely easy operation. The iX500 truly pushes the performance bar to a new level.”
The ScanSnap iX500 is now available through authorized resellers at a price of $495.