One of the most popular fitness apps of the iOS platform is now available at Google Play. Android users who are fitness buffs can now download this free app on their devices. You’ll need a device running on at least Android 2.2 and a storage space of 6.4 MB.
There may be tons of other fitness apps available for your smartphone but none comes close to what Fitocracy has to offer you. The app makes it easy for you to track your gym exercises and mixes in a bit of RPG fun in your work outs.
If this is your first time to use the app you will have to create an account before you can proceed. You can create one at their website or through the app. When you create an account you will be presented with two options which are with your Facebook details or using your email address. Once you have activated your account you can then proceed to edit your profile information.
The social aspect of this app lets you add friends and get updates on their achievements. This also allows for a friendly competition and discussions on various fitness ideas to happen all right in the app itself. You can add friends by searching through tags, groups or through your Facebook account.
The RPG elements of the app include:
- Each exercise that you accomplish earns you points. Once you have accumulated enough points you will increase your level. Each of the levels have a specified amount of points for you to earn to reach them.
- This is earned during your fitness activities such as finishing your first 5 km run, lifting a specified weight, etc.
- This is similar to achievements but involves a number of different activities which you have to accomplish in a specified time. An example of this is “Try three different shoulder exercises within 7 days”.
- Takes place within Groups and is similar to Duels
- Allows you to compete with another member on a specific activity
Overall this is a great and fun app to have if you need motivation on your exercises. It is easy to use and supports various activities.
via Google Play