One of the hottest games of the iOS platform has just made an appearance over at Google Play making it available for Android devices. Cubes vs. Spheres by ShockPanda Games is a 3D physics based game where you try to fend off an onslaught of advancing cubes whose sole purpose is to overrun your circular base. The game has a tower defense like concept to it and if you are into TD then you’ll definitely get hooked with this title.
Cubes vs. Spheres costs only $0.99 and you won’t be bothered with in-app purchases unlike most other games at this price range. You will need a device running on at least Android 2.2 and a storage space of 10 MB.
Some of the game features include
- 6 unique upgrades, each with their own strategic advantages
- Awesome chain reactions for big points and big explosions
- Simple swipe and tilt controls
- “The cubes are alive!” – Innovative enemy movement makes each play-through different
- Game Center support with Leaderboards, integrated ranking display and 40+ Achievements
- Beautiful stylized, anti-aliased 3D graphics
- A true physics game, where every explosion has an equal and opposite explosion
As far as controls go you can either use the accelerometer or the touch screen. The cubes will be attacking you from all sides and it’s your job to throw spheres at them. The more levels you complete the more points you earn. These points can then be used to unlock more powerful spheres.
The game concept sounds pretty simple but when you start playing it you will soon realize that it takes more than random flinging of spheres to win the game. The cubes are a pretty devious bunch of creatures as there are various types with different abilities. The red cubes are pretty much easy to destroy with the black ones being harder. It’s the invisible cubes though that will give you the most problems so you better look out for them.
Since the cubes will be attacking you from the front and both sides it’s important for you to scan the area. If you install this title on a device with a large screen such as a tablet then it will make the game play even more exciting.
Are you looking for a quick game to play that’s fun and exciting? You might want to check out Cubes vs. Spheres over at Google Play.