I find myself writing a lot about rumors surrounding the upcoming BlackBerry 10 platform that RIM is going to launch on January 30th at a press conference. Here’s a roundup of some of the most important rumors about BB10:
1. The first BlackBerry 10 phone is said to be BlackBerry Z10. We have already seen a lot of leaked photos of the device, and it’s a full touch device. It will be made available in two colors – black and white.
2. Phone Arena talks about the probable specifications of the upcoming Z10 device that is expected on January 30th. Apparently, Z10 will be carrying the hardware similar to the one found on developer alpha devices that were distributed to registered developers in order to aid them in app development process. The phone is said to run on a dual core 1.5GHz TI OMAP 4470 processor and will support a quad band radio featuring HSPA+/UMTS, quad band GSM/GPRS and quad band LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 13, 17. It will also have a
4.2-inch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels, giving it a pixel density of 356 ppi. It will come with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage with a hot swappable microSD card slot. It will also support all the standard Wi-Fi networks and GPS with A-GPS. The shooters on the device are expected to be 8 megapixel camera with auto focus and a 2 megapixel front facing camera. The cameras will have 1080p video recording. The device will be powered up by an 1800 mAh battery.
3. RIM wants to target customers from variety of segments; hence it will be launching a number of devices that falls under different price ranges. According to The Verge, “in an interview with Fierce Wireless, CMO Frank Boulben said that there will be at least six BlackBerry 10 phones released in 2013, and that the company would aim to hit a range of price points.”
4. BlackBerry 10’s App World will have enough apps at the time of launch. BlackBerry recent Port-a-Thon event witnessed 15,000 app submissions in about 37 hours. Alec Saunders, VP – Developer Relations, RIM, wrote in a tweet, “Well there you have it. 37.5 hours in, we hit 15,000 apps for this portathon. Feel like I’ve run a marathon. Thanks to all the devs! (Sic).”
5. According to the rumors, one of the BlackBerry 10 devices will carry a 4.3-inch display. The phone is also said to have a microSD card slot.
6. Recently, I had posted a video of a user performing video call on BBM. BBM will apparently support video calling and will have screen sharing capabilities too.
The upcoming BlackBerry 10 operating system is something I’m looking forward to. If you are curious about BB10 and can’t wait to take a glimpse of it, a forum member at CrackBerry has been posting a lot of screenshots. Besides, we have been posting screenshots regularly on TheDroidGuy.com, so do run a search and keep an eye on latest news we post here.