There are a lot of rumors about the all new BlackBerry devices that RIM will be launching on January 30th, along with the totally re-designed and re-engineered BlackBerry 10 platform. It was said that the devices will start shipping as early as February 28th, and people have been very excited about the new device. Most of the prospective BlackBerry customers are waiting for the new devices to launch, and as a result most of the older high end BB devices aren’t attracting customers anymore. In several places, high end BB devices are being sold online for less than half the original price, which shows how the news of new product is affecting the market.
Nobody would like to buy a device which is going to be obsolete in few days, and BB10 brings some revolutionary changes to BB platform. For people who just cannot wait for getting their hands on the new Z10 or the X10, seems like you actually need not wait till February 28th to get your hands on one if you’re in Canada. According to the latest rumor, the new devices will start shipping as early as February 5th via Canadian carriers Bell and Telus. That will be the Tuesday following the official announcement on January 30th. Of course it’s a rumor and not an official statement, so as usual; take it with a pinch of salt. Since RIM is a Canadian smartphone manufacturer, may be the carriers from Canada will get more priority, but that’s just my thought. Global availability will take more time, and most probably February 28th should be the date when it’s globally available because it gives everyone a month to get ready and pre-order or whatever. As of now, there are no promises and the exact dates should be announced in few days.
BlackBerry Z10 is said to be the flagship BB10 device and below is the leaked spec sheet:
• Processor: Dual Core 1.5GHz TI OMAP 4470・ Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 (US and Canada)
• Radio: Quad Band HSPA+ / UMTS (850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz) ・Quad Band GSM / GPRS (850/900/1800MHz) ・Quad Band LTE: Bands 2,4,5,13,17 (700, 850,1700, 1900MHz)
• Display: 4.2″・1280×768・356PPI ・24 Bit Color ・15:9
• Camera: 8MP Auto Focus ・2MP Front Facing ・Flash ・1080p Video Recording
• Memory: 2GB RAM ・16GB Internal Storage ・Hot Swappable microSD Slot
• WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n ・2.4/5GHz
• GPS: Autonomous ・A-GPS
• Battery: 1800mAh Removable
• Sensors: Ambient Light Detector ・Accelerometer ・Magnetometer ・Gyroscope ・Face Detect for phone calls
• Connectivity: NFC ・microUSB ・microHDMI-Out ・Bluetooth 4.0 LE
BlackBerry Z10 looks like a good deal as it will be running the all new platform and will have 70k apps at the time of launch. As far as the X10 goes, it has a smaller screen and it is said that the X10 won’t be able to run all the 70k apps as the SDK for that screen size isn’t released yet. Which device are you interested in? Let us know!