Microsoft’s latest mobile operating system, Windows Phone 8, is doing a great job. Nokia’s Lumia 920 is Nokia’s flagship Windows Phone 8 device and AT&T has exclusive rights over this device and the midrange WP8 smartphone, the Lumia 820. Even HTC has a Windows Phone 8 smartphone, and it is called as HTC 8X. There’s also a midrange HTC 8S device which didn’t make it to the US.
Anyways, the three devices including Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and HTC 8X are currently ruling the Windows Phone 8 market. The HTC 8X has been the bestselling WP8 device, though it didn’t top charts of any single carrier, but it is not an exclusive device and three out of four major carriers in US are offering it, so it can cater more buyers than what the AT&T exclusive Lumia 920 or 820 can. Nevertheless, Lumia 920 and 820 have great offers from AT&T. The main reason why WP8 devices are getting popular is because of the price, apart from the build quality and usability. AT&T has priced the device very low when bought on contract, and that’s a very good thing because these devices won’t make a hole in buyer’s pocket.
Previous deals from AT&T have been really good, and the carrier has come up with a new deal now. The deal is pretty attractive, but only to those who are buying a ‘pair’ of smartphone. The deal is simple. When you buy one Windows Phone 8 device, you’ll get $100 off of the same type of Windows Phone e.g. if you happen to buy a new Lumia 920, you will get $100 off on second Lumia 920. Likewise, if you buy a HTC 8X, you are eligible for a discount of $100 on second 8x.
The deal is available if you are either activating a new AT&T line or upgrading your current account. In spite of the special pricing, the 14 day return policy remains in effect, which is pretty cool.
Below are details of the promotion:
Buy Any Windows Phone 8 and Get Up to $100 Off a Second Windows Phone 8
Effective January 11, 2013, through February 21, 2013, customers who buy any Windows Phone 8 get up to $100 off a second (like) Windows Phone 8 (e.g., Nokia/Nokia or HTC/HTC Windows Phone 8).
• Smartphone rate plan requirements: Standard data and voice plan requirements to obtain two-year commitment pricing apply.
• The bundle discount of up to $100 applies towards the lower-priced device.
• If buying a second smartphone and the second smartphone is less than $100, it is free.
• New smartphone activation and all upgrades are eligible. Standard ETFs apply.
• The 14-day return policy remains in effect for this promotion.
• Customers who purchase any qualifying Nokia or HTC device, and later decide to purchase a second within the promotion period, may receive the bundle discount
Nokia and AT&T will also throw in a free Qi-based wireless charging plate for buyers of the Nokia Lumia 920. Will you be making use of this deal? Let us know in the comment section below.