AT&T subscribers who own the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro will be pleased to know that the carrier has already rolled out a software update that will upgrade the current operating system to Android Jelly Bean. This tough smartphone was made available by the network last October for just $99.
Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Technical Specifications
- 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display (480 x 800)
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.0 (ICS)
- 4G LTE smartphone
- Built to military specifications (810g)
- Waterproof, shock resistant and dust proof
- Submersible in 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera
- Front-facing camera
- Video recording in 720p
- 1850 mAh battery
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Full device encryption
- EAS corporate email support
- Enhanced push-to-talk functionality
The update brings several enhancements to the device which includes
- Camera enhancements – availability of new filters
- Pop Up Play update – resize or pause the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window
- Easy mode – designed for new smartphone users
- Blocking mode – disable notifications at a set time
- Improved usability – new keyboard options
Before you update your device make sure that it is fully charged. It is also important to backup all your important data (photos, music, documents) as well as network settings just in case you will need it.
There are two methods in getting the update either through Wi-Fi or through your computer.
The Wi-Fi or otherwise known as the Over-The-Air (OTA) is an update that will need a Wi-Fi connection. You will be able to manually update the device by going through Settings > About device > Software update. As soon as the update has finished you will be prompted to restart your device. A confirmation message will also appear stating that your device has been successfully updated to Jelly Bean.
In this method you will need to have the latest Kies software of Samsung installed in your computer. Run the Kies software and plug in your device through the USB port of your computer. The software will automatically prompt you that a new update is available. Just follow the instructions on the screen. It’s going to take around 10-15 minutes for this to finish. Make sure not to disrupt the update process since this may leave your device inoperable.
One it is finished you can verify if the process was successful by going to Settings> About phone and check if this matches
- Android version: 4.1.1
- Baseband version: I547UCBLL1
- Build number: JRO03L.I547UCBLL1