Do you want to try out a Windows Phone 8 device without having to shell out a lot of cash? You can actually own one for free! T-Mobile is offering the Nokia Lumia 810 for free for a limited time only (until December 27, 2012) and is a web exclusive offer. This mid- range Windows Phone 8 smartphone has a suggested retail price of $499.99 if bought without this promo. The catch to this though is that you will have to subscribe to a 2 year plan which should include a data service.
If you are interested in availing of this offer you can go to the company website to apply for it. There are various plans which you can choose from however our top two choices are the
- Classic Unlimited – Premium with Smartphone Mobile HotSpot Service for $94.99 a month
- Classic Unlimited – Unlimited Nationwide 4G for $89.99 a month
Both plans come with unlimited calls, text and data. The difference between the two is that the first plan allows you to share your connection to up to 5 other Wi-Fi devices. This is great if you have other devices in your household you want to share your Internet connection with.
Nokia Lumia 810 Specifications
- Release Date: October 2012
- Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 HSDPA 1700/2100 HSDPA 850/1700/1900/2100
- Display: 4.3 inches AMOLED, 480×800 pixels (217 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 2, Nokia Clear Black
- Processor: Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- GPU: Adreno 225
- OS: Microsoft Windows Phone 8
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage: 8 GB, expandable to 64 GB via microSD
- Camera: 8 MP Carl Zeiss auto-focus dual flash rear, 1.2 MP front
- SIM: Micro SIM
- Battery: Li-Ion 1800 mAh
Despite being marketed as a mid-range smartphone this device comes with pretty impressive specifications. It is however overshadowed by its older siblings such as the Nokia Lumia 920 which is the current flagship model of the company.
If you have been planning to get a Windows Phone 8 device then you’re not going to find a better offer than what T-Mobile has right now.