The Google Drive app was updated yesterday and brought some major functionality improvements that should impress a lot of extensive Drive users. This latest update brings an improved UI to the app and brings the app to version 1.1.470.11. Other things that have been included in the update are as follows:
- Edit Google spreadsheets in new native editor
- Edit contents of tables in Google Docs editor
- Formatting is maintained when copy/pasting within Google Docs
- Single tap to enter edit mode in Google Docs editor
- Add a shortcut to Drive files/folders to your homescreen for quick access
- Send Link now supports copying link to clipboard
These are no doubt both helpful and much needed improvements, though Talk Android notes that the URLs do not show up as linkable when you type them within the app. They need to be corrected at a desktop or laptop instead. A bit of a pain, but the update has been nice overall. Aside from that, there’s no doubt that Google will have a fix for the linkable URLs shortly. This has definitely been a nice update, and I especially like the native editor!
In other news, Google has also integrated Drive with Gmail, which will allow you to send up to 10GBs in attachments. Yes, you read that right, 10GBs of attachments in your Gmail account. Be sure to grab the update from the Play Store link below. Or, as usual, you can easily update it from the Play Store on your smartphone.
What does everyone think of the new update?
source: Talk Android