AT&T Samsung Exhilarate Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update has already been rolled out on Wednesday, September 19th. Both AT&T and Samsung were reportedly working together right after the device was released in June to bring the update to customers as soon as possible.
There haven’t been any updates rolled out for Samsung Exhilarate since it was released. However, both Samsung and AT&T assured their customers that an update was in development a few weeks after the device hit the market. Originally, it was released with Android 2.3 Gingerbread so it is expected that that there will be a bigger package users need to download to be able to install the updates.
Usually, Gingerbread-to-ICS updates will come with hundreds of tweaks, improvements and new features. Being one of Samsung’s devices released this year with dual-core processor, Exhilarate will definitely be getting a major overhaul in its software.
Here are some of the key features of AT&T Samsung Exhilarate ICS update:
- Face Unlock will be made available for Exhilarate. According to some, it is the best feature ever added to Ice Cream Sandwich.
- The camera application is considerably improved; it gets new panoramic picture capture plus it can take still photos while recording videos.
- Direct text has been added to easily send message to the caller explaining why you can’t pick up by the time the call was made. Professionals and students reported this feature is very useful.
- Virtual buttons were added to the notification bar allowing users to navigate to Home, Back and Recent Apps.
- Users now have absolute control over their network data.
- The spell checker and text input have been improved considerably.
Samsung has already posted a step-by-step guide on how to pull down this update from its servers and install it into Exhilarate. Users, however, are advised that this update hasn’t been made available over-the-air; they need to use a computer where they can connect their device and use Samsung KIES to pull down the firmware.