Did you know that Dunkin’ Donuts has an application? I don’t think really any of us knew as they just released it on Google Play. In the hopes of following it’s competitors like Tim Hortons, they want to give their customers a better experience, which is understandable as the Tim Hortons fad almost seems to be drowning out companies like Dunkin’ Donuts. The application will allow you to process payments, send gift cards virtually, find store locations (as is the usual for most apps of this type), and finally, lets you look at the menu and nutrition facts.
The guys over at TalkAndroid posted exactly what the app will do for you, check it out:
- Purchase, manage, and reload a Dunkin’ Donuts Card: Guests can purchase a new mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card (selecting from multiple designs for many occasions), add money to an existing card, and view all previous card transactions. The Dunkin’ Mobile App supports American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and PayPal.
- Pay right from the app using a virtual Dunkin’ Donuts Card: Guests can purchase Dunkin’ Donuts products with the Dunkin’ App by simply tapping the mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card and presenting the screen to the crew member to be scanned. Balances are updated immediately after purchase.
- Send an mGift: Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can be sent to friends, family, or colleagues via email, text, or Facebook. Dunkin’ Donuts is now the only national coffee retailer to offer people all of these options for sending an mGift. Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can be sent in denominations between $2 and $100.
- Locate the nearest Dunkin’ Donuts: A detailed restaurant locator makes it easy to find directions to and information about local Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants, including store hours, in-store Wi-Fi, drive-thru availability, and more.
- Find nutritional information: The Dunkin’ App makes nutritional facts available for guests’ favorite Dunkin’ Donuts menu items.
- Link to Dunkin’ Donuts’ social media communities: Dunkin’ Donuts is actively engaged within leading social media channels, with more than 6.8 million Facebook fans and 160,000 Twitter followers. Easy links to “Like” Dunkin’ Donuts on Facebook or follow @DunkinDonuts on Twitter can be found in the “Social” section of the Dunkin’ App.
It seems that fast food chains and restaurants are more and more wanting their company up on the mobile industry, and rightly so with how popular it actually has been. I was actually surprised to see a Dunkin’ Donuts application because I was under the impression that they were going out of business. In my area, at least, I’ve noticed Dunkin’ Donuts constantly getting closed down and/or replaced with a Tim Hortons. That said, this was a surprise, and I myself, will definitely be looking into using it in the future (if I can find a stinkin’ Dunkin’ Donuts around here, that is!).
If you’re interesting in downloading the application, just head on over to Google Play and give it a try! It’s completely free (aside from purchasing donuts and such) and looks like a pretty solid application.