Update (07/28): As we reported yesterday, HTC Rezound was due for an ICS update. Now we can fill in the blank for the TBD date. From what we’ve gathered, HTC Rezound will begin releasing ICS updates via OTA starting tomorrow (July 29th). The update is also available for pull on August 1st (check system updates: Settings -> About phone -> System Updates). As you can see below, the size of the update will be 292MB.
What’s also interesting from this screenshot is that only 71% of the Motorola Razr & Maxx ICS updates have been completed so far since they started its update back in June. Verizon has managed to leave out 29% of the Motorola phone owners for the ICS update after a month. So Rezound owners shouldn’t expect too much from Verizon here, give it a couple weeks if you don’t get the upgrade tomorrow.
A portion of a photographed Verizon Wireless document shows that HTC Rezound would be getting a generous over-the-air (OTA) update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) on a date yet “To Be Determined.” This is after many Rezound owners have been complaining about the delayed arrival of the most wanted ICS OS.
This is going to be a major update and that explains why the size of the package reaches up to 292MB. A good internet connection is required to download the update faster. While there is no official word from Verizon about this OTA update, the following are said to be the new features that will come with the latest Android version;
- V CAST Media Manager – this feature that comes packed with the device will be receiving a major overhaul. Instead of rolling out update and retain the name, Verizon said it will now be called Backup Assistant Plus. There will be new features to come with the new name, of course.
- Caller Name ID app – the updated version of this app is coming along with ICS OTA update to hit Rezound soon.
- Wireless Alerting System – with the new update, this feature is said to be enabled by default, owners can still be able to disable it, though.
- Time Zone Issues – there were a few complaints about Time Zone accuracy and Verizon has reportedly acknowledged it and the fix is on the way.
- Improved data connectivity
- Improved Mobile Hotspot feature
- Device stability improved
- Few improvements on default mail app
Again, I would want to reiterate that all information provided herein are not from Verizon, rather from a piece of picture that sources claimed to come from an official Verizon document photographed and leaked online (please refer to the image above). We still have to wait for the official announcement as to when the update will be made available for download.