In the Android world time moves at the speed of fast. While millions of Android users are anxiously awaiting an alert to tell them that an upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is ready, those Android users with a Samsung Infuse 4G on AT&T are finally getting Android 2.3.6
If you have an Infuse 4G and you’re still stock you can get the update to 2.3.6 via Samsung Kies. Here’s a list of what you get in the update according to AndroidCentral
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.