Everybody loves Ice Age, and in support of the new film in theaters summer, Gameloft has released an official Ice Age app for Android and iOS devices. I have to admit, this game is actually pretty fun, complete with building your own Ice Age villages, and of course, minigames featuring the series’ beloved squirrel, Scrat.
The game allows you to build a village and level up to unlock new animals and other things to increase your village’s awesome level. You can compare villages with your friends as well, and also has a tight integration with Facebook. The game rewards friends for taking care of each other’s villages much like Farmville or Fishville, and it gives even more of an incentive to compete with your friends’ villages. The graphics and colors look great, and it was a surprisingly fun game to play. The full list of features is below, and a link to the Play Store is at the bottom where you can download this app for free.
ENTER THE ICE AGE UNIVERSE
• Immerse yourself in the unique world of Ice Age and interact with all of your favorite characters as they lead you on quests and missions
• Play mini-games featuring Scrat, everyone’s favorite saber-toothed squirrel
BUILD YOUR OWN DISTINCTIVE VILLAGE
• Build the most beautiful village for all the creatures of the Ice Age world
• Level-up to gain access to new animal species, cool buildings, unique decorations and much more
• Funny quests, side missions and additional daily challenges keep your village bustling with activity
LET YOUR FRIENDS JOIN THE FUN AND SEE WHO CAN BUILD THE BEST VILLAGE
• Invite your friends from Gameloft LIVE! & Facebook to play
• Visit all of your friends’ villages – “Like it,” take care of it and get rewarded for lending a hand
AND GET READY FOR MORE…
• Frequent updates will include new characters, buildings, quests and mini-games
• You might even receive exclusive sneak peeks of the new film, Ice Age: Continental Drift, in theaters this summer