Shazam, the audio recognition app, that has been known for finding names of songs and interactive fun with television programs is doing it big this Sunday for the Super Bowl. How Big? How about a million different prizes between all of their different partners.
Every bit of the Super Bowl from the game itself, halftime show and ads have been integrated with Shazam in some way or another. Through the use of Shazam, the internet and social networking people will be able to use Shazam during the big game to receive great discount offers, free downloads, enter sweepstakes, vote on their favorite ads, buy music and share the entire experience across multiple social networks including Facebook and Twitter.
More after the break
“We are excited that Shazam will be a key feature in one of the biggest television events of 2012. The Super Bowl is an American institution – known not just for the game but for the advertising and superstars performing during the halftime show,” said Andrew Fisher, Shazam CEO. “As the leader in ‘second-screen’ interactive TV experiences, we’re proud that Shazam is woven into the entire broadcast so that people can discover more about the game, the halftime show and the must-see ads – all on their smartphones or tablets.”
Some of the Shazam deals focused around the Super Bowl advertising include:
- Toyota – the ad will include a sweepstake to win two Camrys – one for you and one for a friend.
- Best Buy – Best Buy’s spot will feature two of Shazam’s founders. Additionally, Best Buy is running a $50 gift card offer for consumers looking to buy and activate a mobile phone in 2012 when they tag the ad.
- Cars.com – when viewers use Shazam to tag the ad, Cars.com will donate $1.00 to one of seven charities, up to a maximum $100,000.
- Pepsi – the new ad that features the winner of the X-FACTOR – Melanie Amaro performing Otis Redding’s song “Respect” – will invite people to unlock a free video.
- Teleflora – viewers who tag Teleflora’s “Give” ad starring super model Adriana Lima will receive a secret offer.
But Shazam says that’s definitely not all.
Shazam will team with Bud Light and Interscope for a special tagging experience during the Super Bowl halftime show.
Shazam assures us when all is said and done users will have had access to a million different giveaways of some sort collectively among all the Shazam users.