Earlier today we reported that Shazam had been upgraded to support Android 4.0 and with that they added support for sharing music discovered by Shazam via the beam function. The beam function is found only on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. It allows two users with Android 4.0 devices to simply touch the devices back to back and share content like music, apps, maps and now StumbleUpon.
We Stumbled upon, StumbleUpon at the Google Tons-o-fun booth where they are showing off the latest version of the app. With the new update to StumbleUpon you can now share any content you discover with StumbleUpon via Beam in Android 4.0.
StumbleUpon has also integrated Google sign in for your StumbleUpon account so you can sign on through any mobile device or on the web. Of course with that they’ve added Google+ integration as well so you can share your StumbleUpon content via Google+.
More after the break
“We are excited to work with Android and showcase our updated mobile app more prominently on the Android platform,” said Garrett Camp, co-founder and CEO, StumbleUpon. “This integration will let many more people find new and interesting things from across the Web on their Android devices.”
Here are all the major changes in this update:
- Android Beam (NFC): Users of the StumbleUpon app for Android can now share any content they discover on StumbleUpon to other NFC-enabled devices running Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. This will make sharing content discovered through StumbleUpon seamless and fun.
- Action Bar: The StumbleUpon app will now feature the native Android Action Bar, enabling users to explore the Web via the familiar Android navigation interface.
- Resizable Widget on device home screen: The StumbleUpon app for Android will now be accessible directly from the device home screen. Users will be able to preview StumbleUpon-recommended content directly from the home screen of their device without having to launch the StumbleUpon app.
- Sharing to Google+: The StumbleUpon app for Android will now include a sharing button to Google+. In addition to sharing to Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon and email, Stumblers can now easily share content they discover through StumbleUpon with their connections on Google+.
- Sign in with Google: With the new app, users will be able to sign in to StumbleUpon through a Google log-in with any mobile device and on the desktop.
The update is live already so go get it here in the Android Market