It must be convention time because AT&T has just announced 5 new Android devices. At CES this year they announced they would have 12 Android devices releases in 2011, now they have 19 Android powered devices and they may not quite be done for 2011.
The Motorola Atrix 2 is the first device they announced today.
The Motorola Atrix 2 puts the Atrix on par with the Droid Bionic. It’s just a minor refresh from the original. It operates on AT&T’s 4G/HSPA+ network and not their new 4G/LTE network as rumored previously. The design has a slightly different, more rounded form factor. It will release with Android 2.3 and have the same access to Motorola’s webtop accessories as the first Atrix.
See the rest of the specs after the break
- UMTS 850/1900/2100
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 4G HSPA+ 21 Mbps (Category 14)
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- Internal memory: 8GB ROM, 1GB RAM, 2GB microSD card (expandable to 32GB)
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 4.3-inch qHD screen 960×540 TFT, with more than 500,000 pixels for sharper, clearer display
- 8MP camera and LED flash with faster viewfinder start-up and shutter speeds than a digital camera
- Front-facing camera
- 1080p HD video capture, 30 frames per second playback
- On Device Encryption (ODE) and Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS)
- IPsec VPN
- Lapdock 100 Accessory