Here at thedroidguy.com we take our rumors and leaks quite seriously, and vet our stories as best we can unlike some other sites
like, in the Android community. That’s why on October 18th after getting a great tip we spent the better part of the day calling everyone we knew and several AT&T stores in Texas, to vet the story of what we now know to be the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket.
AT&T and Samsung are announcing today the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, one of the first Android devices on AT&T’s new 4G/LTE network. It’s powered by a 1.5ghz dual core processor and a blazing fast 4G/LTE speeds.
Other features include:
• 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display(800×480 pixels)
• Android Gingerbread (2.3.5)
• 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
• 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, with 2-megapixel front-facing camera
• 1080p HD video recording
• 16 GB of on-board memory, microSD expandable to an additional 32 GB
The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket will be available Sunday November 6th for $249.99. As our original story states, an announcement on more AT&T 4G markets is forthcoming either later today or tomorrow.
Source: TDG (and unlike
androidcommunity, other sites in the android community we are only sourcing ourselves because we broke the story)