Google has been hard at work perfecting their newly launched social network, Google+. The service itself has been receiving updates like crazy to keep its 25 million users happy. Google+ is the fastest growing social network ever, and because Android is Google’s own OS, there is an app for Google+.
The Google+ app didn’t start off perfect, but it has been receiving pretty timely updates since launch. The recent update brought improved notifications and bumped it up to version 1.0.5. On top of notifications the following lists the rest of the improvements:
- Improved notifications reliability
- “_add to circle” notifications shown in bulk
- Share stream posts to individual people
- Clicking a +mention takes you to the person’s profile
- +mentions now autofill from your Circles
- Stream no longer resets to top when screen is rotated
- Nearby accuracy
- Start a 1:1 huddle from a person’s profile or a group huddle from a circle profile
- Hide 1:1 huddles
- Clickable links in huddles
- Improved autocomplete when adding a person to a huddle
This is definitely a welcome update, and I’m sure there will be more to come as the service grows. Stay tuned to TheDroidGuy for the latest news and updates on Google’s new social network and its Android app.