Verizon is reporting via their @vzwsupport twitter account, and of course an email from our good friend Albert, that the Droid 2 Global is beginning an Android 2.3, Gingerbread, update as of today. If you’ve ever been through the Verizon Wireless upgrade process than you know it’s a rolling update meaning it starts today and can take anywhere from one to two weeks to finish, however it rarely takes two weeks.
More after the break
The update for the Droid 2 Global includes the following enhancements:
– Download Manager app
– App and Power Management Details
– Multi-touch Key-Chording
– Improved word selection and copy functionality
– New user interface and color scheming
– Dock icons
– App Groups
– Security- added device security, SD card encryption, and VPN security enhancements
– Updated calendar options and much more
for a complete list of enhancements download this pdf from Verizon
On another note, despite the twitter announcement our friends at Droid-Life are reporting that no one has yet to see this update, please tweet us or add a comment when you get it.
Source: Droid Life