According to Verizon’s website and a source of our own, Verizon will be pushing out Gingerbread starting this Friday to Droid X owners. This update will include many of the new features that come with Android’s yummy Gingerbread operating system.
- Download Manager App
- App and Power Management Details
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording-New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos,instead of having to change to the numeric keyboard mode.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality
- New User Interface and Color Scheme
- Dock Icons
- App Groups
- Emergent Groups and Smart Contacts
- Updated Calendar Options
- Geo-Tagging for Camera applications
- Email application- Improved contact syncing from multiple accounts, Email pushes now work correctly when using Exchange Active Sync.
- Successfully edit Contacts without being directed to the home screen.
- Auto focus Camera feature has been improved for use in low-light conditions
- Improved battery life while using Bluetooth
Overall, this update for Droid X owners will be bringing new and improved features and so very much more. So keep an eye out starting Friday for your peice of Gingerbread goodness thanks to Verizon and Motorola.
For More Information regarding the update head to Verizon’s Website at http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_x.html