No this isn’t an Aprils Fools joke but something real. Earlier today while messing with the Xoom to see what it can do I decided to play around with some remote desktop clients seeing how big the Xoom was. I then got it into my head why not try NetFlix so I did and it worked. As of now the video is choppy(May be my own internet connection). But It works completely with video and sound.
I did this on a Windows 7 so yours may be different.
- Download Remote Desktop from the Android market
- Fully set that up so you can control your home computer
- I used Chrome, but launch NetFlix(Has a Chrome App)
- Sit back and enjoy watching
How to set up computer first:
- Start>Control Panel>System and Security>System>Remote Settings(On left side)
- Where it says “Remote Desktop” choice either the bottom one or the one above. The middle one is for if you plan on accessing it while not on same Wi-Fi connection as computer.
How to set up Remote Desktop via Wi-Fi:
- On home computer to get your IP address which will be the address on app you go Start>CMD(Type that in and press enter)
- Type ipconfig(You take your IP address which is the IPv4 Address
- Input that as the Address in the app
- Put your user name/password you have for computer