San Francisco CA- CTIA- Motorola has teamed with Verizon Wireless for the next installment of the ” Droid Branded” family the “Droid Pro”. The Droid Pro is targeted at business users who require the familiarity of a vertical keyboard and extra security for Enterprise and Exchange servers. The Droid Pro delivers both in a slim, lightweight package.
The Motorola Droid Pro runs Android 2.2 “Froyo” and full mobile flash support, comine that with the release of Adobe Air tomorow and big things are coming to this device. This combination allows for “PC like browsing” on a handset.
Complete specs after the Gallery, but we need to point out that the Motorla Droid Pro brings sexy we mean, Google Search, back to Android on Verizon. We had a nice conversation with Chuck Falzone from Androidguys.com over the weekend and we both agreed that while Bing will probably have a long life on all of the Verizon “Non Droid” branded Android devices, the Motorola “Droid” franchise will probably keep Google as it’s core search. So bravo to Motorola for making Verizon keep Google on their devices.
Key features and specifications:
- Support for both Exchange e-mail and Gmail™ for business
- Corporate directory look-up, unified calendar for Enterprise and sync with Google Calendar™
- PC-like browsing with Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 on a full, multi-touch, 3.1-inch brilliant display built on Android 2.2
- View, edit and share documents, including Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets, PowerPoint® presentations and Word® documents
- Built-in security features, including AuthenTec IPSec multi-headed VPN integration, remote wipe of device and SD card, and complex password support. Device and SD card encryption will be available in early 2011
- 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities – Allows customers to connect up to five other Wi-Fi®-enabled devices and laptops
- Live widgets that stream e-mail messages to the home screen; customers can filter the widgets to separate work and home e-mail
- 5-megapixel camera with auto focus and dual LED flash as well as DVD-quality video
- 3G diversity antennae provides customers with enhanced data speeds and range
- Wi-Fi-enabled DNLA connectivity
- Android Market™ – Provides customers with access to more than 80,000 applications
- My Verizon and Backup AssistantSM support – Allows customers to manage their wireless accounts or their contacts from their phones
And here for a video: